Saturday, November 18, 2006

GeNeRaTiOn gAp

My daughter is growing up and growing away - time was when we were attached at the hip and people said "cut the umbilical cord!!" but oh! I enjoyed being with her and having her with me. And that is all she wanted. She once went to a summer camp for 4 days - only 40 miles away - and she couldn't sleep at night and cried and cried for me, calling me and wanting me.

Now i cry for her........no.....I sob - and find myself wondering "where is my little girl?"

Last year after we moved, she had such a hard time finding friends and her place in her new world. I prayed every day....please help her be happy, find her space and her friends. She found them all, and more, in surplus.....and drifted ever so quickly and effortlessly away. She doesn't need us anymore - except for shelter and money and clothes and transportation and.......

but she doesn't need ME anymore. doesn't want me around

and oh how it hurts! literally and figuratively, like tearing my own flesh from me.

many tell me that she'll come back, that the closeness returns.

I prays she will.

the pain inside me remains....

it won't go away until she's back.

1 comment:

T said...

i was the same way with my mom and in my 20's broke away too... and now we are closer than we ever were. she'll be back,
she might not "need" you the way she used to, but she still does in other ways....

☼ƙ....Ϛ☼ ɧϱƦϱς ƭɦϱ ɖǃƦՇ....

My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
a mom of seven... two children, two Weimaraner dogs and three Bengal cats (and one Leopard Gecko) I love reading, writing, taking pictures, playing on computers & tweaking photos, and learning about things I didn't know about, or enough about, before.

ʈђÏ§ & ʈɧąʇ